Established in 1901 Brantwood is one of the most famous and respected names in Irish League circles. The club first played at the Glen, Alexandra Park Avenue and took their name from the nearby Brantwood Street. One of the first notable trophy successes recorded was in the 1913/14 season when they won the Irish Junior Cup; the first of many trophies for the club. The next few years between 1920 and 1930 were spent at nearby Dunmore Park during which time the Intermediate League was won on two occasions in 1920/21 and again in 1924/25 when they went through the whole league programme without losing a game. During the 1920/21 season Brantwood also had their first Steel and Sons Cup success beating Bangor 3-0 in the Final. At that time Brantwood were unfortunately unable to secure an extension to the lease at Dunmore Park and shortly after the greyhound track was established there, they found themselves without a ground and homeless!